Hey, Arkie Mama here. I found this recipe on Pinterest, but it originally comes from My Kitchen Escapades.
It was really, really good. And easy.
Oh, and the always picky Hubs went back for seconds. (I used the Greek yogurt. And I made my own seasoning salt.)
6 chicken breasts
1 C light mayonaise or greek yogurt
1/2 c fresh parmesan cheese, plus more for the top
1 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray the inside of a 9×13 glass pan. Lay the chicken inside the pan.
2. Mix together the remaining ingredients and spread evenly over each piece of chicken, being sure to cover all the exposed raw meat (so it doesn’t dry out.) Sprinkle on a bit more fresh parmesan over all the chicken.
3. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. This dish is even better the next day, so just reheat in the microwave!
This is probably the most awesomely yummy chicken dish I’ve made in ages. Hubs polished off two servings.
I modified this recipe from LaaLoosh because it was a last-minute dinner plan and I didn’t have time to involve a crockpot. Go here for her crockpot version, which I’m sure is fabulous.
And here’s mine below. (Note: I didn’t have any white wine on hand, so I just doubled the chicken broth.)
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package mushrooms, sliced
- 1 packet dry Italian dressing mix
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, at room temp
- 1 tbsp light butter
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 2 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a medium sized sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat.
Add in Italian dressing packet, and stir to combine.
Stir in cream cheese, wine and chicken broth, and stir until cream cheese is fully melted, and ingredients are well combined.
Place mushrooms on bottom of baking dish. Then season both sides of chicken with salt, pepper and paprika and place chicken breasts on top of the mushrooms.
Pour cream cheese sauce over chicken breasts, making sure all chicken is evenly covered with the sauce.
Bake at 350 35 to 40 minutes.
I served this with rice and steamed broccoli topped with parmesan.